This post is sponsored in conjunction with PumpkinWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
One of my favorite things about pumpkin is that it can be used in sweet or savory dishes. I may even like it in savory dishes more than in sweet. 🤷
We had our first mini cold snap about a week ago where the temperatures dropped into the high 60’s and it was gray and cloudy. I couldn’t wait to take advantage of the weather and make a hearty, warming dinner. I made a beef and vegetable soup and these rosemary cheddar pumpkin rolls to go along with it.
While I loved the soup, I ended up eating more dinner rolls than I did soup. I couldn’t get over the cheddar and pumpkin combination in these rolls. They’re absolutely delicious!
Rosemary Cheddar Pumpkin Rolls
For the Rolls:
- 3/4 cup 2% milk at room temperature
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/8 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Cabot White Oak Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabot White Oak Cheddar Cheese shredded
- kosher salt
- Pour the lukewarm milk into the bowl of a stand mixer and then add the sugar. Stir until the sugar and salt until dissolved. Sprinkle the yeast on top and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, the pumpkin puree, shredded cheese and half of the chopped rosemary. Add in 1 cup of the flour and mix with the dough hook.
- Add in flour one cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and is tacky but not sticky to the touch.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes or until the dough is soft and elastic. Coat a bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it, turning once to coat the dough. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Punch down the dough and divide into 12 evenly sized pieces. Cover the dough with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter and rosemary.
- Brush the mixture over the rolls and sprinkle with the shredded cheese and kosher salt.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
I love Cabot cheeses and their White Oak Cheddar Cheese makes these dinner rolls absolutely perfect. Check out their social media here:
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The PumpkinWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Three (3) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The PumpkinWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the PumpkinWeek posts or entry.
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek Recipes:
Cheesy Pumpkin Chorizo Burritos from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Fall-Flecked Stuffed Grape Leaves from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Harvest Stew from Wholistic Woman
Pumpkin Mac N Cheese from Sweet Beginnings
Rosemary Cheddar Pumpkin Rolls from Cookaholic Wife
Baked Goods & Desserts:
Cinnamon Pumpkin French Toast Casserole from Daily Dish Recipes
Easy Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread with Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe from April Golightly
Pumpkin Cheesecake Danish Braid from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie from House of Nash Eats
Fluffy Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip from The Crumby Kitchen
Pumpkin Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding from The Nifty Foodie
Pumpkin Halwa from Caroline’s Cooking
Pumpkin Pasties- Harry Potter Style from Jonesin’ For Taste
Pumpkin Tart with Pumpkin Spiced Whipped Cream from Love and Confections